The Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (OREC), is a statewide association of which Paulding-Putnam Electric Cooperative is a member. OREC is pleased to join with its member-cooperatives in offering qualified high school seniors a chance to win scholarships starting at $1,300 for seventh place, and reaching up to $2,900 for first place!
This is an annual competition open to any student whose parents or legal guardian is a member of an OREC member-cooperative. Rules are posted below, along with a link to the application. Click here to read more about the competition and download an application form, then watch your Country Living Magazine, check this website, or talk to your school’s guidance counselor about the deadline for the upcoming school year’s competition.
- Applicants must be a son, daughter or legal ward of an Ohio rural electric distribution Cooperative member living on the lines and receiving service at the time of the statewide competition.
- All applications must be submitted (typed) on forms obtainable on request from your participating local electric Cooperative office.
- All applications must be submitted to the office of that Cooperative by the deadline date.
- Applicants must have all basic credits for college or proper** vocational or technical school entrance. They must have a current career average of “B” (3.5 on a 4-point scale) or better and must be accepted, then enrolled (when they receive the award), in the accredited college or proper** vocational or technical school of their choice.
- Any applicant who has received a full tuition scholarship to the school of his/her choice is not eligible for a scholarship from OREC.
- All scholarships must be accepted in the next autumn semester or quarter.
- Each electric Cooperative is eligible to nominate two candidates (one in each division) to participate in the statewide competition.
Click HERE to download the scholarship application