- What personal information (otherwise known as “personally identifiable information”) is collected and under what circumstances;
- Whether the collection is voluntary or involuntary;
- How that personal information is used;
- Who that personal information will be shared with and under what circumstances; and
- The ability of the user to choose how that personal information is used, how it can be reviewed and how it can be corrected.
The term “User” refers to any individual who is accessing the www.ppec.coop website.
This policy solely applies to information collected, maintained and used by PPEC and does not apply to the collection and use practices of websites which users connect to through any website links available on www.ppec.coop, nor does it apply to any applications or advertising posted on www.ppec.coop that is provided by third parties, including, but not limited to, the Co-op Connections Program.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the website. PPEC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and PPEC does not provide services to children. Users under 13 years of age shall not provide any information on this website or through any of its features, making any purchases through the website, using any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or providing any information about themselves to us, including user name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name used. If PPEC learns it has received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, PPEC will delete that information. If a user believes PPEC might have received any information from a child under 13 years of age, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write us at: (Mail) 401 McDonald Pike, Paulding, OH 45879
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
- Web server log information – This is basic information that PPEC collects, including IP address, type of browser or operating system, date, time, duration of access, pages visited and links visited on the website. This information is automatically collected and may be used to help PPEC improve and maintain the availability and usefulness of the website for Users. This information is used in the aggregate for this purpose and no attempt is made to identify any specific individual.
- Cookies – Cookies are another means by which PPEC collects similar basic information as described at 1) above on all User visits that does not identify any specific individual and that shows how individual Users utilize the website. Cookies are bits of information collected by the web server and transferred back to the User’s computer, phone, tablet or other device to enable PPEC systems to recognize such device. Users may be able to set their browsers to alert the User of the creation of a cookie and/or a means to deny acceptance of a cookie. The Help feature on most browsers will tell users how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify users when such user receives a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Requests for programs/services/information – To the extent a User requests programs, services, or information from, or respond to surveys conducted by, PPEC through this website, personally identifiable information such as name, telephone number, mailing address and email address may be collected. Providing this personal information is voluntary, but failure to provide the requested information may preclude delivery of the product, service or information requested.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION
PPEC uses the personal information that it collects about Users, or that Users provide to PPEC, to conduct our business and to provide programs, services, and information. Personal information collected may be shared with appropriate PPEC vendors or professional service providers. Examples of how PPEC uses personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- To present this website and its contents;
- To respond and provide Users with programs, services, or information requested from PPEC and its suppliers;
- To offer programs, services, or information that Users may find helpful;
- To notify Users about changes to our website or any products or services PPEC offers;
- In connection with a sale or merger;
- In any other way PPEC may describe when information is provided; and
- For any other lawful purpose with consent.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Any information collected and retained by PPEC through this website will not be released to third parties except as indicated below:
- Any information needed by a vendor or professional service provider (e.g., NRECA, a law or accounting firm) to perform services for PPEC will be disclosed to such vendor or professional service provider. Such vendor or professional service provider will be required to observe the same privacy protections that apply to this website, and they will not be allowed to sell User information.
- Any necessary information will be disclosed to any appropriate internal or external authorities in order to 1) identify and pursue remedies against Users who attempt to damage, misuse, or otherwise interfere with the operations of this website, or 2) to otherwise protect PPEC’s legal interests.
- PPEC may aggregate information collected on the website, such as views or clicks, and share with third parties for PPEC’s business purposes.
- Any necessary information in connection with a sale or merger.
PPEC has implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures in order to protect personally identifiable information against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure.
As a critical part of these security measures, PPEC monitors any and all communications and data traversing the site. That monitoring may include actual content of those communications and data as necessary.
While no information is absolutely safe in an electronic environment, by implementing commercially reasonable security, PPEC has taken appropriate steps to secure information collected, retained and used.
REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Users may, upon a verified request, review and correct as needed or desired any personally identifiable information collected or retained by PPEC by contacting us at: (Mail) 401 Mc Donald Pike, Paulding, OH 45879; (E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, PPEC may revise this policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our programs or services, changes in our practices regarding the collection and use of personal information, to reflect new features or technologies of www.ppec.coop or otherwise in the discretion of PPEC. Updated versions of the policy will appear on the website. PPEC encourages all Users to review this policy periodically so that they are up to date on the most current policies and practices. The last date this policy was revised is the effective date set forth above.
The content of this site, including but not limited to the text and images herein and their arrangement, is the property of Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative, Inc., hereinafter referred to as PPEC.
PPEC hereby authorizes you to copy and display the content herein, but for your personal use only. Any copy you make must include this copyright notice: Copyright 2020 by Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved. If attribution to PPEC is included, limited quotations from the content are hereby permitted. You may not copy or display for redistribution to third parties for commercial purposes any portion of the content without the prior written permission of PPEC.
No Implied Licenses
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright (except as expressly provided above), or proprietary rights of PPEC or of any third party.
PPEC makes no representations about the suitability of the content of this site for any purpose. All content is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind. PPEC hereby disclaims all warranties with regard to the content, including but not limited to all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In no event shall PPEC or any of its/their affiliates be liable for any special, indirect, exemplary, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of use, data, or profits, without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract, negligence, or other tortious actions, arising out of or in connection with the use, copying, or display of the content although PPEC believes the content to be accurate, complete, and current, PPEC makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the content. It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it. The content of this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. From time to time, changes are made to the content herein. PPEC and/or its/their affiliates may make changes in the products and/or the services described herein at any time.
Links to Other Sites
Some of the sites listed as links herein are not under the control of PPEC. Accordingly, PPEC makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that PPEC has provided a link to a site is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by PPEC with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. PPEC is providing these links only as a convenience to you. There are risks in using any information, software, or products found on the Internet; and PPEC cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet.
Touchstone Energy® and the Touchstone Energy logo are registered trademarks of Touchstone Energy, Inc.
Eligibility: The Facebook/Instagram contests are open to current members of Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperatives inc.(PPEC) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, which includes employees’ immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members. Employees of PPEC are not eligible.
Sponsor: The contest is sponsored by PPEC, located at 401 McDonald Pike, Paulding, OH 45879
Contest period: The period of the contest will be included with the contest post.
Entry: Duplicated entrances will be removed. Only one entrance per member will be counted.
Prizes: The prize description will be included with the post. PPEC will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. PPEC will attempt to notify the potential winner via Facebook/Instagram message.
Task: Information on how to participate will be included in the contest post.
Winner selection: The potential winner will be randomly selected from all entries. Duplicated entries will be removed.
Questions: Please submit questions via email to email@example.com